Last updated: 25th May 2018
Lifeline Communication Services Ltd., a company registered in England and Wales (number 08297847), is a telecommunication support and services company based at The Innovation Centre, Festival Drive, Ebbw Vale, NP23 8XA. We carry out zero marketing activities on behalf of our clients, and operate no systems for any such purpose.
If you have any questions regarding this policy or our privacy practices, queries can be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, you can telephone 01495 367044, or even write to us at The Innovation Centre, Festival Drive, Ebbw Vale, NP23 8XA
What data we collect from you
We collect various pieces of data throughout your visit to any of our websites and throughout your customer journey with us, which may include requesting a quote or information, or briefing us to work on a project for you. You may also willingly submit contact information to us, using one of our Contact forms for the purposes of requesting a call-back from us.
This data may include direct or indirect personal data such as your name, address, email address, phone number, IP address, web browser data, information regarding what pages you visited on our website and when, how you arrived at our site and any data contained within documents supplied to us.
When we collect data from you
Your data may be provided to us from a number of sources at various times, including:
- When you visit our website;
- When you carry out an action on our website (for example, contact us);
- When you place an order with us;
- When you brief us to start work on a project for you;
- When you submit a Contact Form to us;
- When you apply for a job with us;
- When you email us
How do we collect data from you?
We collect data primarily by you supplying it to us, but we may use public sources such as Companies House to verify details. If you have been referred to us by a partner, we may also ask the referrer to provide us with additional information where you have consented.
We may also use analytic tools to gather information regarding your web browser, internet provider and basic computer details such as your operating system, to help improve your experience when visiting one of our websites.
How is your information used?
We may use your information to:
- Make changes to our website based on user habits;
- Supply services to you;
- To carry out work as agreed as part of a contract between us;
- See your views and comments on our products and services on external sites;
- Send necessary communications that you have requested regarding work being carried out by us;
- Send necessary notifications in the form of email relating to new blog posts, and marketing and business advice, and news.
We will keep your data on file for as a long as required. This will be a minimum of your time as a client. If you are a client we may keep your data for a longer period as required by law.
Who has access to your information?
We may pass your details to payment providers for the sole purpose of processing payments. This includes GoCardless for direct debits or PayPal for PayPal transactions. Their privacy policies can be found at the following links:
Your details such as your name and email address may also be visible to others in your organisation, primarily the main contact, for the purpose of restricting access to the client account with us.
We may pass your details on to a third party with your consent for the purpose of fulfilling orders, which may include distributors, suppliers, couriers, domain name registrars and registries, hosting providers and line providers. Where this is necessary we will only pass the required data, and only where we have a contract or agreement in place to ensure the security of it.
We will not rent or sell your information to third parties, nor will we share your information with any third parties for marketing purposes, unless we are required to by law, for example by court order, or to prevent fraud.
Under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), you have several rights regarding your data, which include:
- Right to Access. Each client has the right ti request access to any data that we store relating to them and their organisation. If you are not a client and have not contacted us for a quote or estimate,, you can contact us for details on the data we hold about you.
- Right to Portability. All contact and job details, including any related invoices, can be requested in a machine readable format via email at Marketing@lifelinecomms.co.uk
- Right to Erasure. Where permitted, we can delete all data relating to you and/or your organisation. This can be done by contacting us on the details provided above. Some data however will be kept to comply with various legislation.
- Right to Rectification. Any errors with the data stored on our systems can be rectified by contacting us on the details above. Where you are not a client of ours (for example, you’ve only submitted a Contact form), you can also contact us to update your data.
Lifeline Communication Services Ltd. is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), registration number A8353938.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the ICO if you believe that we have not complied with GDPR or the Data Protection Act when handling your personal data.